Come join the Pack!
DogFit Dallas is excited to partner with the Dallas Farmers Market to host their FREE Community Pack Walk! This walk will take place Sunday, April 7th at 10:00 AM.
Please repost and share this invitation with all of your friends and family members. The walk is free and open to anyone who wants to get out, enjoy the fresh air while socializing their dogs in a controlled environment, and shop the dog-friendly Farmers Market afterward.
When: Sunday, April 7th, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. - Please arrive around 9:45 a.m. We will start walking at 10:00 a.m. The walk will last about one hour.
Where: We’ll be meeting in front of the Shed at the Dallas Farmers Market, 1010 S Pearl Expy.
What: We are a community, a pack. And we all have something in common - we love our dogs and we love our city. Our community pack walks are a great opportunity to get together with fellow dog owners, exercise and socialize our dogs in a calm and controlled environment, as well as enjoy our beautiful city and its surroundings.
In order for everyone to have a great experience, there are some rules we want to follow:
- Create space. Keep some distance to other dogs, especially dogs you don't know.
- Do not allow dogs to meet. This creates excitement, and we are trying to create a calm environment.
- NO RETRACTABLE or FLEXI LEASHES!!! Bring a regular leash or a slip lead no longer than 6 feet long. Hold the leash short but not tight. We'll have slip leads for sale if you'd like to purchase one.
- You walk in front of or next to your dog.
- Try to be silent. This is a great way to clear your mind and to form a stronger bond with your dog. Take in the energy around you; be present. Enjoy your surroundings.
- Walk in a calm and slow manner all together; try to stay with the pack. No running, no jumping, no weaving around objects - this increases adrenaline and distracts people and dogs, again creating excitement.
- Don’t allow your dog to stop and sniff everything. Keep walking.
-Please bring poop bags and water.
-If you post a pic, please use the hashtag #dallaspack
- If you bring children, please make sure that they respect the dogs' space, don't let them run up to any dog or pet any dogs as this may startle the dogs. Kids strollers can be brought but the path might be a little uneven as we stroll through Deep Ellum, so be prepared.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
The DogFit Dallas Team
Come join the Pack!